Probably about 15 years ago or so I remember going to Cook Park in Tigard during the Hot Air Balloon Festival. I remember liking it, but not much else. Now that the photographer in me just begs to come out at certain times I have to give in. While Sam (and Josh) stayed hom sleeping, I dragged my butt out of bed on a Saturday morning at 5 am and headed to Tigard. I met up with my friend and fellow photography enthusiast, Catherine, for some great phtoto opporutnities. I was surprised how many people where there so early to see them inflate and take off. I guess not surprised at the adults, but at how many kids were there since the rides and food vendors didn't even open until 3 hours after we left the park. All in all it was great fun, and quite an experience. I have absolutely no desire to go up in a balloon still... fire, whicker basket, wind, no thank you! But loved taking photos. I hope next year to be able to stake out a spot in a valley view to get great shots of all the balloons in the air. We'll see.
Friday, July 29, 2011
Tigard Festival of Balloons!
Probably about 15 years ago or so I remember going to Cook Park in Tigard during the Hot Air Balloon Festival. I remember liking it, but not much else. Now that the photographer in me just begs to come out at certain times I have to give in. While Sam (and Josh) stayed hom sleeping, I dragged my butt out of bed on a Saturday morning at 5 am and headed to Tigard. I met up with my friend and fellow photography enthusiast, Catherine, for some great phtoto opporutnities. I was surprised how many people where there so early to see them inflate and take off. I guess not surprised at the adults, but at how many kids were there since the rides and food vendors didn't even open until 3 hours after we left the park. All in all it was great fun, and quite an experience. I have absolutely no desire to go up in a balloon still... fire, whicker basket, wind, no thank you! But loved taking photos. I hope next year to be able to stake out a spot in a valley view to get great shots of all the balloons in the air. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment