A couple weeks ago was the almost annual Rommel Family Picnic. It's a mini reunion of sorts, or at least it used to be. I loved it growing up, kids playing everywhere, going down to the lake, lots of food and sun. Now that I'm older and all the kids have grown up it's not quite the same. This year, like most of late, it was the 4 of the 5 siblings sitting around talking, mostly about ailments, gripes, health, etc. Not too much fun for little ones. A couple of my cousins were there, but no other kids for the girls. We gave them food and walked around, but the weather never really warmed up much. We threw rocks in the lake and headed home. I think Sam's favorite part was all the trains on the way out along the Columbia River Highway.
Audrey decided she could kick her feet up and stay a little while
So much better walking outside then Samantha was when she was little.
She enjoyed playing in the dirt and collecting sticks (one of which is actually in our garage, it's a perfect Samantha sized walking stick)
Benson State Park Lake, not the usual busy place I'm used to from my childhood of swimming in it
Throwing rocks to daddy's delight
Happy girl after throwing a big rock
No comments:
Post a Comment