Last year a friend of mine, Catherine, and I woke up before dawn and drove to the tulip festival to see the sunrise. It was a pretty good day, but still pretty wet out. This year I caught word that there would be some hot air balloons during the sunrise last weekend... being 30 weeks pregnant apparently didn't stop me from waking up at 4:30 and driving out to see the sun come up over the fields. There was actually quite a bit of haze that I wish maybe wasn't there, but oh well. There were 4 hot air balloons that made there way to the fields to launch, but unfortunately only one really got going while the sun was still coming up, the other 3 took way longer, which then also meant I was there for 2 hours after the sun was up, just waiting for them to launch. It was a long morning, but I'm glad I went. Hopefully next year will be even better, hopefully Catherine will be able to go with me next year, and I will have more energy since I will NOT be pregnant! haha. Below are some of the shots I got... of course there were tons, you never know what you get til you get home.
1 comment:
Actually, the haze is kind of cool.
Mom
Post a Comment