Friday, March 23, 2012

Wayne

It was one year ago this month that the world lost a great man and our family lost a great father, father-in-law, and grandfather. I think about Wayne every day, without even trying. I miss him more than words can say and wish we all had more time with him. He was the kind of person that touched your life without you even knowing it... and especially without him knowing it! Haha. I couldn't imagine a better father-in-law and I'm glad I got to know him and feel his love, I definitely did. I'm glad I have some of the best parts of him living in my home in Josh and Samantha.

On March 7th, the one year anniversary of his death Josh and I wanted to go to his grave site after work. We wanted to bring something for him, but flowers just didn't sound right... not from us. Josh had the brilliant idea of bring sawdust. Luckily my office is in a warehouse with a shop and I have great co-workers who got me a cupful of sawdust. Samantha and I met Josh there and as we paid our respects we sprinkled his headstone in a way we think he would have appreciated.


No comments: