So much for waiting for a due date. Due to mild preeclampsia we went in early to meet our beautiful baby girl. I got a phone call Tuesday the 25th from my doctor saying she wanted to get me in to get rid of the preeclampsia, and the only way to do that was to induce. Being full term and ready to go, emotions started to go crazy. I was work when I got the phone call, having just met the woman I was going to train for the next 2 weeks to take over my job while I'm gone... so much for that! She got one quick 6 hour crash course before I was off. I called my mom and she was able to change her flight to get here in time, called Josh of course to let him know what was going on, called my dad, and called Josh's mom. After that I tried to go back to work for my final day in 2 months. Ha!
We were told to check in a midnight Wed night/Thurs morning... I didn't work Wednesday and tried to make myself as busy as possible to keep my mind off things, but at the same time rest up knowing I was going to need it. Little did I know.
Long day/night/story short... after checking in a midnight and getting everything going just around 1am, the pitocin started just before 8am, my doc broke my water at about 8:30am, and by just about 8pm I got an epidural. I was hoping to go natural, but with the preclampsia and induction plus the magnesium sulfate, it was just too much. 12 hours of contractions did me in, especially not being able to eat or drink anything all day. I was finally able to get a bit of rest after the epidural, but not peaceful as I was constantly being monitored. Just before 1am Friday I was told to start pushing. It was finally time!!! Well, kind of. Samantha Kelly decided to join us at 3:41 am Friday, January 28, 2011. She weighed in at 8 lbs 5 oz, 21 inches long and a full head of hair. Everyone seemed surprised by her hair but Josh and I were expecting it. She had great color and looked absolutely perfect. Josh cut the cord, and then she was all ours. We just held her for as long as we could, family came in around 5am, and by 6am it was time for bed!
Since then it's been a blur, I can't believe it's been a week, today was supposed to be my first day of maternity leave at work, so things definitely didn't happen as we planned. Not a bad thing, but throws us off a bit. We've had visitors everyday, which is great. Josh is already back to work, and as of Tuesday my mom will be back to Colorado and I'll get to/have to, do this mommy thing all on my own. I'm anxious, but also looking forward to it.
She doesn't exactly like to sleep at night, she'll give us a few hours then be fussy for a few, then give us a few more hours... we're learning what we can do on very little sleep. I'm learning what I can do with a beat up body. Sam made her grand entrance in a painful way to my body and I am on strict orders to take care of myself with 6 weeks of rest... ummm ya, with a newborn? Ok.
Finally, the part everyone cares about... pictures!



1 comment:
She is absolutely precious! I so enjoyed getting to visit you guys and hold her. :)
Post a Comment