Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Anything Like Me

So Brad Paisley has a new song out right now called "Anything Like Me" which of course when I hear I immediately apply to my own life... so I decided to change some of the lyrics to my own life... Enjoy! :o)


I remember sayin' I don't care either way
Just as long as he or she is healthy, I'm okay
And then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen
And said, "You see that right there? Well, you know what that means"

I started wondering who she was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if she's anything like me
She'll probably climb monkey bars too tall and ride her bike too fast
End up one summer wearin' something in a cast

She's gonna throw a ball and learn to eat outfield grass
On a softball field down the street
She's gonna get in trouble, oh, she's gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep

It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback
If she's anything like me

I can see her right now, knees all skinned up
With a magnifying glass tryin' to melt a Barbie face
Won't she be a sight with her volleyball knee pads on?
That'll be her first love 'til her first love comes along

She'll get her heart broke by the time she's in her teens
And heaven help her if she's anything like me

She'll probably stay out too late and drive my car too fast
Keep me staying up all night, waiting for her at last
She's gonna get caught skippin' class
And be grounded for a week

She's gonna get into trouble, we're gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback
If she's anything like me

She's gonna love me, And hate me along the way
The years are gonna fly by, And I already dread the day
She's gonna hug her daddy, she's gonna squeeze me tight
She's gonna act like she can't wait to leave

But as she drives out she'll cry her eyes out
If she's anything like me
There's worst folks to be like, oh, she'll be alright
If she's anything like me

No comments: