While this may not be my first pregnancy, this is the first time I’ve made it really into the second trimester. Because of what happened the first time we’ve definitely taken everything one day at a time this go around. We were all prepared to tell our friends and extended family after we got back from San Francisco and even made an appointment at 14 weeks the day after we got back just to make sure everything looked good before spreading the word. Everything was great, we had plans all weekend with people and were excited to share our news. Of course the next day I woke up having complications. Of course my doctor had left after our appointment the day before so I got to go to the on call doctor who reassured us that the baby seemed fine but that if something was happening there was nothing they could do and to just take it easy… ya, no problem doc! We decided right then to keep our mouths shut about our good news in light of the most recent doctor’s visit. Everything seemed to get better with each passing week until a few weeks later it came back but with much less force… again I stayed off my feet and tried to do nothing. Ever since then we’ve been doing great! That was almost 6 weeks ago. From an earlier post you know we’ve had our “official” ultrasound and a handful of other doctor’s appointments. Everything seems to be going great, she’s developing faster than my doctor had thought and has all the right parts, 10 fingers 10 toes, all in the right places even!
I am of course way too much of a planner and can already see her entire room laid out… of course I am trying to do a little at a time as to not get too ahead of ourselves. We’ve moved the big stuff and done a lot of cleaning/organizing. Nothing has been ordered yet, but we have registered. The crib we’re going to have only takes just over a week for delivery so we’ll wait on that just a bit longer. Trying to do so much but at a slow pace, but being antsy is driving me crazy!
Speaking of driving me crazy, every now and then I can really tell the hormones are running wild… one minute I’m ready to snap (although sometimes there is very valid reason!) while other times I’m ready to cry… although I’ve managed that emotion a bit more than the angry one… go figure!
Anyway, so far things are going well… I’m just past 5 months… more than half way there, and I have a feeling once we get through the next few weeks time will just fly by with the holidays on the horizon!
Our crazy cat, she loves boxes!
No comments:
Post a Comment