Over the summer when Duck football tickets went on sale, Josh and I looked at the schedule to pick out what we thought would be the best game to go to. With their home schedule including Labor Day weekend New Mexico… which we had my mom coming to visit flying in that day, which was out, plus we wanted a better game. Portland State was certainly not a better looking option, so that was easily out. The next game was Stanford… Stanford, at home, on a Saturday night, early October we figured had a chance at being a good game and not freezing or soaking wet. The remainder of the home games included UCLA on a Thursday night… The Huskies November 6th, and Arizona the Friday after Thanksgiving… really it came down to either Stanford or the Huskies… with that month difference we picked what we thought would be the best weather option, even though the game was supposed to start at 8:15 pm…
Easy to say I was probably the most ecstatic person alive when learning that the game was moved up to a 5:00 kick off. Between being tired from being pregnant, and the simple fact that after an 8:15 game I’d be tired anyway… it made for a much better looking game. The weather turned out to be even nicer than we had hoped (even nicer than I would have liked actually) but perfect t-shirt weather for kick off and sweatshirt later if needed.
The first quarter sure looked like we picked the wrong game and I was not a happy camper. I have to say its hard going to a game w/out being able to tailgate the traditional way… drinking… then climb up to row 71. Anytime I’d try and stand up to yell I’d get lightheaded with my limited lung capacity due to my asthma… made it hard to get into the game, but the Ducks sure did turn it around and make it a great 3 quarters after the first one from hell.
All in all, fun day, good ¾ of a game, and home before midnight. It was a fun, successful, busy weekend. Here are some pictures from the day… Wish I had more but the stupid kid in front of me kept standing up too fast and I couldn’t see over him unless we were sitting down… stupid short legs, long torso.
No comments:
Post a Comment