The weather looked great, our schedule was open, it was our last chance. Saturday we headed to Cannon Beach! We hadn't been to the beach since August, and were having severe withdrawls. So headed to the Hillsboro Market in the morning to get some food and meet up with the Borts' and off we all went.
Usually when we go to the market, Samantha sleeps in the car just on the way home so we figured the drive to the beach would be great. Of course she did NOT sleep the entire way to the beach. We met up to get some breakfast/lunch at Pig n Pancake and Sam really was ready to go. Our next stop, the beach! It was super windy as we headed down onto the sand. Samantha started crying and did not want to be out of daddy's arms. She would not stop crying. Josh tried to calm her down by walking back away from the ocean, but she never calmed down. They wandered around the parking lots for a while while I stayed on the beach with Dan, Lacey, and Keira. Keira was a trooper, even not feeling well, she played in the sand for a little bit. We still only stayed for about half an hour as it was a big chilly, and my poor family wasn't there to spend time with. It was gorgeous looking however, just that darn wind! I did have to at least get one photo of the belly on the beach so I stole the idea from a high school friend who posted the same photo a month ago or so. Then Lacey got the same photo.
After that we headed to walk along the shops, get some ice cream, and enjoy just being at the beach. The Borts' headed home and Josh, Sam, and I walked around a bit more and then headed to Mo's for a quick bite before heading back home. Of course Sam slept for an hour on the car ride home, and then was awake when we got home an hour before bedtime. She was introduced to The Lion King at that point, something to keep her energy level low!
All other photos I have are just of the Borts' family, actually not a single one of Sam at the beach, so I'll leave those photos for Lacey to post on her blog (once I send her the photos).
It looked great...


No comments:
Post a Comment