Last Friday we had our official ultrasound. I say official because we may have been able to get one from a friend who shall remain nameless at about 14-15 weeks. At that ultrasound we thought maybe we were having a boy. Of course we were thrilled because we only want to have 2 kids and of course wanted one of each. With or without the first ultrasound we wanted this one to be a boy. Imagine our surprise when we got to the point of the ultrasound Friday when we were told our new little baby is in fact a girl. Of course it was more of a shock than disappointment, and it wasn't hard for Josh to be ok with, but it took me a night. I will never be disappointed to learn I am having a baby girl. I love little girls, I get girls, this I can do. There was just a part of me that will miss having a boy. I was emotional when I got home, but I was also home with just Sam, as Josh had to go back to work. Not being able to really have it sink in with the two of us immediately was hard. I woke up Saturday morning finally there. I was thrilled to be having another girl. There will always be a part of me that misses the baby boy, but it's ok with me. I like what Josh said when we did talk about it. He likes knowing what our family will be. We can picture our family of 4, just Josh and his girls. I like it.
I of course had to get back to the drawing board as far as planning goes, but that's ok. Clothes are a lot easier, not a ton to buy there, just a few things until we know how this kid sizes up to Sam. The opposite seasons will throw it off at first, but Sam was all over the place in the first year with sizes, I'm sure we have clothes that will fit. The nursery is becoming more fun for me now too. I have it all imagined, just by piecing together various items I've found online, mostly on Etsy... Purple, Aqua, grey, chevron, herringbone, it's cute, things to be bought over time.
Everyone we tell now also says we have to go back to the drawing board for names, but nope! We had that one figured out. We are not going to be sharing her name until she's born just like last time, nor will we be sharing the boys name just in case we have an even bigger surprise, even though it's not going to happen after seeing that ultrasound.
We're also in the middle of re-doing the guest room to turn it into Sam's new room. All of the "stuff" has been moved out and a lot of it into the now 4th room as a playroom/with mommy's treadmill... The bed is still put together, but mostly because there's no real need to take it apart until we get to painting in there (and by we, I mean Josh and Kaye), and we have the paint picked out. After paint we will put together Sam's new big girl twin bed, and start getting everything transferred over, even though the plan isn't to have her sleeping in there until April or so, just so she's used to the room before baby gets here and takes over the nursery.
Things seem to be moving right along, 21 weeks tomorrow, I can't believe it. Although, I guess if you're not trying to get pregnant, you don't have all the build up, and you don't even know about it for the first 6 weeks, things move a lot quicker!
Not the best pictures of her, she was squirming around all over the place!

No comments:
Post a Comment