I had the day off already, and took the Friday after off anyway. I waited for Josh to get home from work and we headed off to Seaside. It poured on us the whole way there, but mostly stopped by the time we pulled in. We had dinner at Doogers and headed back to our room. It was great, 3rd floor, king size room with a kitchen and fireplace overlooking the ocean. I could have stayed all week! When we woke up Friday morning it was gorgeous out! The sun was shinning and it was getting warmer. When I say warmer of course I mean mid to high 50's, but still for an Oregon November it was great. We wondered around Seaside, did a little Christmas shopping, had breakfast at Pig n' Pancake... my favorite, and headed in to wander around Cannon Beach. I didn't wear a jacket all day, it was amazing.
On our way home we decided to head to Tillamook to tour the cheese factory and get some yummy ice cream. Then it was off to home, which of course is when the rain started again... not until we were in the car for 5 minutes. While we were originally planning on doing some storm watching on our little get away when we thought of it months ago, this ended up working out quite well... and we're sure the storms will still be there for another time.
1 comment:
Great pics! I love Seaside!
Post a Comment