Sunday, July 18, 2010

Seattle Weekend

So after spending a quick weekend in Kuna, Idaho for my cousin Matt's wedding we went back to work for 4 days before heading up to Seattle for 5 days for Josh's cousin Heather's wedding as well as the Berger Family Reunion. The idea for the trip was perfect, but the weather decided not to cooperate most of the time. The best way to sum it up is to say I feel like it would have been a completely different trip had the weather been warmer... say even if the sun came out more often, something!

The wedding was beautiful, right now Lake Washington in the park. It again was a bit chilly, but the setting was so beautiful it didn't matter. Of course the sun came out just in time for the wedding to end. I guess it was better than the rain they had for the rehearsal the night before. The rest of the trip was filled with family events surrounding the 4th of July. On the 4th we had plans to head to some family's house that live right on Lake Burien and have a big BBQ and watch fireworks over the lake. We still did these things, but it rained almost the whole time we were there. We were a little too close to the fireworks for my liking, as was demonstrated when a piece of ash landed in my eye from the falling fireworks. I was done. :o)

Monday we had reservations to do the Duck tour of Seattle. It was cool since I've never done it before. For 90 minutes we were off on the roads and water around Seattle... again, cold in the open air vehicle, I believe when the tour started that morning it was 58, but still fun. Later that night we had dinner plans at Anthony's right on the water. Luckily this was when the sun finally decided it was ready to come out for the summer. I say luckily because when we got there for our reservation for 26 people they informed us that they were closed due to a sewage problem. They wouldn't be opening for another hour. Since the sun was out and we were on the water anyway, we took advantage and chatted outside soaking up every minute of the sun we possibly could.

Tuesday morning we had breakfast in our hotel with various family members from all around the country and said our goodbyes until next time. On our way home Josh and I stopped at one of our favorite places, Falls Terrace in Tumwater, WA. We walked all around the falls, taking pictures and enjoying the fact that the sun was making us a bit warm. Then we went inside for the best meal we'd had all trip. We love that restaurant, and enjoyed a beautiful view of the grounds we just walked.

By the time we got home the sun was officially out for the summer, a bit late, but back with a vengeance. Having the house closed up all that time then coming home to 90+ degrees made for a fun week back.

Below are a random assortment of photos from the trip. I can't wait to see the wedding photos, I know Shadi did an amazing job shooting the wedding!


No comments: