Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rose Festival

iday night Josh and I headed downtown to Waterfront Village, part of the Rose Festival. We met up with a co-worker of mine and her husband, daughter, sister, and brother. Her brother was doing stand up comedy on one of the stages. We wondered the rides, which when we got there at 6:30 were all empty! I've never seen the rides going with no one on them, or just one or two people. We then made our way down to the BBQ and Beer section, while Josh enjoyed a variety of bbq with our friends, I stuck with the beer. We headed to the stage to see Jamie perform. I have to say, he was quite good... family fair fun. :o) Before we headed out to the rides one more as night fell... still a little empty, but starting to pick up a bit, we had to try some fried twinkies and oreo's... Thanks Catherine! As Josh said, better than we thought... the oreo's were actually quite good. While there were very muddy grounds, and some sections taped off because of the mud, the weather was actually great. Blue sky, a clear night, and somewhat warm temperatures... worked for us!



No comments: